Friday, October 27, 2006

3: Remembering (1983-1987)

Many of my friends are celebrating their twenty year high school reunion this weekend and, since I'm unable to join in on all of the festivities while they're in town, I wanted to commemorate the occasion in my own way. In this special edition of Suitcase Full of Dimes are ten tracks I've pulled from my ginormous CD collection that fall between 1983 and 1987. From the cheesy pop synths of Journey to the Will Smith referencing Sha Na Na, I feel these ten tracks represent the inclusive years pretty well.


Dime No. 3: Remembering (1983-1987)

Journey "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)"
Devo "That's Good"
David Bowie "Blue Jean"
Julian Lennon "Too Late for Goodbyes"
The Smiths "William, It Was Really Nothing"
'Til Tuesday "Voices Carry"
Oingo Boingo "Weird Science"
INXS "Listen Like Thieves"
DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince "Parents Just Don't Understand"
Squeeze "Hourglass"

Plus: Halloween Special coming on Tuesday!

No comments: