Friday, October 13, 2006

1: First Dime


This would be the official beginning. I'm even going defy superstitions and begin this on a Friday the 13th. While simultaneously breaking a mirror on a black cat under a ladder.

The initial shows will just be music. Over time, I'll get my microphone issues worked out and actually talk a little and tell you about the music itself. For now, you can read about it and follow the links from here. Also, until I get some other stuff worked out, I'll be hosting the files via Rapidshare (a "one-click service"), which means no automatic downloads just yet.

Why all the hassle? Why not just wait until everything's ready and in place? Because I'm impatient and just want to get these files out for my friends to listen to and enjoy. You may not like every song here and I encourage you to leave comments telling what you like and what you don't. Feel free to suggest tracks for future shows.

Here's what's in this show:
Dime No. 1: Gotta Start Somewhere

Sugarbomb "Hello" (from Bully)
Big Star "13" (from #1 Record)
El Goodo "If I Were A Song" (from El Goodo)
The Beatles "Birthday" (from The Beatles' White Album)
Fountains of Wayne "Hung Up On You" (from Welcome Interstate Managers)
The Raspberries "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)" (from Starting Over)
The Killers "When You Were Young" from Sam's Town)
Fiona Apple "Sally's Song" (
from Tim Burton's: The Nightmare Before Christmas Special Edition Soundtrack)
Bow Wow Wow "I Want Candy (Kevin Shields Remix)"
'Til Tuesday "Coming Up Close"





No comments: