Tuesday, November 21, 2006

9: It Only Hurts When I Laugh...

Director Robert Altman (M*A*S*H, The Player), passed away at 81 this morning. As a small tribute to the man, I close this episode with a cover of the theme from M*A*S*H by The Manic Street Preachers. It's not much in the way of a tribute, but the movie and the subsequent series, was an important part of my cultural growth so I felt like something was called for.

The rest is just sort of a hodgepodge. I have the week off from work so I'm going to try and put out three shows this week.

Dime No. 9: It Only Hurts When I Laugh...

Jonatha Brooke "Crumbs" (from Ten Cent Wings; 1997)
Frisbie "Book Song" (from The Subversive Sounds of Love; 2000)
Petra Haden "God Only Knows" (2006)
Winterpills "Pills for Sara" (from Winterpills; 2005)
Menomena "Walking" (from Wet and Rusting EP; 2006)
The How "I Was A Boy" (2003)
Chris Brown "All My Rivals" (from Now That You're Fed; 2006)
Waltham "Back to You" (from Waltham; 2005)
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Dani California" (from Stadium Arcadium; 2006)
Manic Street Preachers "Suicide Is Painless (Theme From M*A*S*H)" (from Forever Delayed; 2002)

No comments: